• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Capper for revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same brass straight line that I use on my rifles .I bought at a second hand shop and it has TDC stamped on it.On second thought I didn't buy it, I traded a cigarette lighter for it

I have a Cash straight line capper. It is a royal p.i.t.a. on my 1851 Navy. I had to modify the end to get the caps anywhere near the nipple and still have problems. Maybe I am just uncoordinated but the caps get turned every which way but right side up. I can cap manually with a popsicle stick to help press them on but there has to be a better way. Will try the Polish capper next.

The Polish capper replaced decades of fumbling with fingers, sticks & dropped caps on my Remingtons, Colts & other percussion firearms & will hold 100 caps.
The narrow brass feed lip on the capper is heavy duty to firmly seat tight fitting caps for positive ignition.
As with any better quality & designed item it costs a few bucks more.
Considering the price of caps today it might have paid for itself over the past 2-3 years by preventing fumbling & dropped caps.

OK, I need to revise my thought some on the Polish Capper. My views were based on the original PC that came out a few years back. The original PC capper model PCC was a rather large affair, about the size from what I could see to be about the size of a average modern cell phone. If I recall right (could be wrong) it sold for around $60. Appeared to clumsy and ungainly IMO. After looking at the Polish Capper website and Facebook page, I see they are now offering an updated version Model PCCS which is alot smaller and sells for approx $44. The smaller new version looks alot handier. They indicate they received alot of comments about the original PCC being somewhat large and as I thought "clumsy". The manufacturer indicated the original model PCC is no longer available.

The Polish capper is still around $15-20 over the price of a Cash Snail capper, but I don't plan on getting one as my Cash Snail handles most of my capping needs. I shoot my Colts way more than my Remington's that I need to use my straight-line cappers on, also my Ruger Old Army, but I can sweat it out using the in-lines on those two models without adding a Polish Capper. I have no need for two cappers both holding 75-100 caps, I can always tote along an extra tin of caps in my bag, which I always have done. If I were looking at upgrading from straight-line or fingers for capping, the Polish would be in the running. Just saying!!!

Anyone try the plastic polish cappers?

PCP PRO capper Polish Cappers
eng_pl_PCP-PRO-capper-Polish-Cappers-17_3.jpg

With maybe a spring from a ball point pen,a sheet of brass,maybe a knuly knob of some kind and alot of imagination have any of you tried making your own capper?

dcs12345 quote "Anyone try the polish plastic cappers?" Well even though I changed my mind some on the PC's, even though they're cheaper than the brass version of the PC--no way would I invest in one of them. To much plastic "manure" has invaded manufacturing IMO. While cheaper than metal or wood to produce, maybe less affected by corrosion, lighter weight, IMO plastic this and that has ruined what used to be the beauty of alot of products. Plastic stocks, plastic receivers, plastic car parts (doesn't take much of a bump to crumple your mode of transportation), plastic, plastic-throw away products. Firearms used to be a thing of beauty with fine wood and blued steel. Stainless has its place, but limited IMO. Anymore I walk down the aisles of a gun show and with tables full of plastic stocked firearms and this and that, I just walk buy them as I do alot of the non-firearm items that make their appearance at gun shows. Wonder how soon someone will market a plastic MZ rifle stock, maybe one with a AR type collapsible stock. 😱

dcs12345 Anymore I walk down the aisles of a gun show and with tables full of plastic stocked firearms and this and that, I just walk buy them as I do alot of the non-firearm items that make their appearance at gun shows. Wonder how soon someone will market a plastic MZ rifle stock, maybe one with a AR type collapsible stock. 😱

cover your eyes….

IMG_2478.jpeg

With maybe a spring from a ball point pen,a sheet of brass,maybe a knuly knob of some kind and alot of imagination have any of you tried making your own capper?
You might be onto something. On my TDCash cappers i cant use the last 3 caps. Maybe a pen spring would work. Will try that.

I was using the TC straight capper but recently bought Guns of the West 3D printed cappers and prefer using them. They are easy to use and work great.
I just switched from fingers to the Guns of the West capper. Works great on all the revolvers and with slix nipples it is easy on and easy off as the caps fit tight enough on the nipples to just back off rather than pulling to the side. Either way, works fine.

I just switched from fingers to the Guns of the West capper. Works great on all the revolvers and with slix nipples it is easy on and easy off as the caps fit tight enough on the nipples to just back off rather than pulling to the side. Either way, works fine.
Yes they work on the Remingtons, Colt open tops even the small pocket models. Works great in my Spiller & Burr also.

I have a Cash straight line capper. It is a royal p.i.t.a. on my 1851 Navy.
The is a you tube where you cut part of the end off and it works better on revolvers.
I did mine last year and it worked better.
Since I switched to the ones above I was thinking of giving the straight one away to some new shooter here for a donation to the forum.

Latest posts

Back