• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

can anyone give me any info on this gun???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon burgon

Pilgrim
Reaction score
DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

all i got told was it might be from the 1820's and scottish any infomation would be most appriciated.

can anyone atleast tell me what the markings mean and what era they think its from, i really no nothing about black powder weapons?

What you have is someone's attempt to make a gun out of some old parts... the stock is anyone's guess but I don't think its particularly old. The barrel, on the other hand, is old and I think may be an early product of the B'ham trade... I think (with a big emphasis on THINK) the marks are the earliest form of the B'ham private proof marks and are probably associated with the partnership of Farmer & Galton... We haven't even been able to absolutely prove that Farmer & Galton had a proof house but we do know one was in operation, on or near property they owned, at the middle of the 18th century and all the circumstantial evidence points to them....

So... the gun itself is of marginal interest but the barrel might be of great interest to a handful of people.

Back