• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Fever Blows

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rough time of year for those of us who like to get outdoors. I'd guess this time of year many spend more time than usual perusing websites and forums. So my question is what kind of thing do you do to break the monotony of winter besides getting wrapped around discussing whether or no to blow down your barrel between shots?😉

But I like arguing about pointless topics..... 🤪

It's a good time of year for indoor projects, like making a new shooting bag, patch knife, or turn-screw. Last night, I spent some time cold-forging a trigger for an SMR I am working on. Or maybe re-read the Allan Eckert wilderness series. I can usually find something somewhat constructive to do....

This time of year usually ends up cost me more than I can afford!🤣🤣🤣

thumbnail_IMG_0898.jpg

Can't spend enough time in the shop to start a smooth rifle project. Wife had the Covid jab heart attack , so all I can do is take care of her , and wait for a scheduled med. procedure.
Oh man, I'm so sorry your wife and you are going through this. Unfortunately I believe you're not alone and that negative reactions to the vaccines were under reported. I wish you both well.

Took off on the snowshoes (with rifle) the other day, about 18" of snow, sank in about 8-10 inches in this fluffy stuff, good to know how out of shape I'm getting to be. Trying to look on the Brightside, only about 90 days left till spring. Oh, and trying to irritate humorless people with posts about blowing down a loaded barrel. LOL

Took off on the snowshoes (with rifle) the other day, about 18" of snow, sank in about 8-10 inches in this fluffy stuff, good to know how out of shape I'm getting to be. Trying to look on the Brightside, only about 90 days left till spring. Oh, and trying to irritate humorless people with posts about blowing down a loaded barrel.
I was thinking about Spring this afternoon and how that means cutting next years firewood and getting the garden planted. I was exhausted after just thinking about it.

We joke about "cabin fever", but it was a real thing. People could be cooped up inside with a wood fire to keep warm as snow piled up, drifting to the point carbon monoxide poisoning set in due to lack of fresh air. Besides making folks sick, sometimes they went mad. Bizarre stories - killed family, ran around naked in the snow, such as that. Chalked up to "cabin fever".

Worst thing about being cooped up tonight are dog farts.

Back