• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Creek Yorktown Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just picked up a clean used flintlock today at the CLA show in Lexington, KY. It is a 54 caliber and has a Siler lock I believe. Does anyone have any experience with these muzzleloaders or Cabin Creek? Thanks. Greg. :)

How was the show, I was going to go and got tied up working on Honey Do's

Hey C G........ The show was awesome! I had never been there before so I made the journey from Iowa to see it. Well worth the trip and got a new (to me) gun to boot! Gun looks close to new condition and is a 54 cal. I didn't have a 54 flinter so it followed me home! Greg. :)

Good to hear LD........... This has a Siler lock as well. Rifle appears to be well made. Don't know if it has been fired but if it has then must have been very few times. Looks very close to new condition. Greg. :)

Rusty_Nail said:
Brad and Shane Emig are Cabin Creek. And their shop is in York Co. Pa.

Very high quality workmanship!
You said it guy. Enigs are good folks adn I"ve had Brad do work on stuff I"ve bought from him gratis! Can't beat that!

I have done a search on Cabin Creek and Brad has quite a good reputation from what I can tell. Glad I made this purchase. Very nice rifle. Not real fancy but does have nice tiger stripe under a darker colored stain. I will try and get pics up.........If I can talk my wife the computer guru to do it for me! Greg. :)

image.jpg1_zpslxyhq3y7.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Critter Getter, that is one fine looking flinter you have there! Love the way the brass hardware contrasts with the dark stained wood. 54's rock, too! Load mine light for offhand practice with clays and charcoal, or hunting loads for deer and hogs. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I saw that rifle while I was cruising the show. Nice rifle.
One fellow in the back room had a nice lefthanded swamped .50cal. for $900. Had some incised carving but no patchbox. That is almost parts cost. Still wishing I had bought it if only for the price. ;-) At that price it would be a deal for a righthanded person.

I shoot 70 grains of 3Fg, and prime with the same size powder. .530 round ball patched with .015 ticking, lubed on the side of the patch that contacts the barrel. I also use a thin, silver bladed front sight to get the most out of the accuracy. Farthest that I've shot has been 110 yards, on a very large doe that I thought was closer. Ball went through and through broadside.

I came up with the load as Maryland requires muzzleloader long guns used for deer to shoot a minimum of 60 grains of BP or BP substitute. I went to 70 on the off chance that some youngster game warden might have a wild hair up his arse, and COâ‚‚ discharge my load, so I wanted a bit more so there wouldn't be any question....it shot very well so I kept the load.

I only carry one horn out of simplicity for loading on the field or range.

LD

Ec, I missed seeing this rifle Friday evening when I was so googly eyed going through for the first time ever. Saw it Saturday afternoon after being there most all day. Glad I found it. I saw a right handed shooter fondling the left handed flinter that you are speaking of. The fella made the comment as I walked by about that being such a bargain even for a right handed shooter. Maybe that fella was you! Beautiful guns there for folks with deep pockets for sure! I am in awe of the artist that build some of those gorgeous guns!! Greg :bow:

I contacted Cabin Creek yesterday and found out that by the serial number 016 that is on this barrel that it was finished being built in July of 1989. Still looks close to new today after all these years. Does anyone know where to find the brass bullet mold like the one I have pictured that came with this rifle? Track carries steel ones but not the brass. Greg. :)

Latest posts

Back