• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabela's Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel727

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a .50 Cabela's Hawken made by Armsport in 85. I've been wanting to upgrade to a larger caliber. Is there a .54 barrel that's a drop in fit or am I stuck with the .50? Flats are 3/8, width across the muzzle is 15/16.

Correction. Armsport was the importer. I think it was made by Investarms. Capitol I in a box trademark.

The Cabelas Hawkens are made by Investarms your right. They sell both a .50 and .54 cal but not sure if the barrels measurements are the same. A call to Cabelas should tell you though.

Just checked my Dixie catalog and according to it all the Lymans have the same flat to flat measurement of 15/16" so a Lyman Trade Rifle or Cabelas Hawken barrel in .54 cal should fit it. But checking with Cabelas first to make sure would be a good idea. :thumbsup:

Investarms used to make a 15/16 1-48 58 cal also.

There was a very limited run of smoothbore 62 cal also.

Looks like TOTW would be the way to go. They don't have a .58 to fit my stock but the .54 will be ok. Now just have to find the funds. That barrel costs more than I paid for the whole gun but that was 20 years ago.

Back