• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was surprised that they had cans on display. Funny thing is that they aren't the same cans that the BP comes in. They look more like the older Goex cans that it used to come in.

Last time I bought a lb of powder it cost me $26 a lb. Kinda high, but at least I could walk out with it in my hand. :wink:

IowaShooter said:
Last time I bought a lb of powder it cost me $26 a lb. Kinda high, but at least I could walk out with it in my hand.

My only local source wants $30 a pound, but when I wait for a 20% off powder sale I can walk out with one for $26 after tax.

-GB

Frenchman said:
:thumbsup: Yes I called yesterday and they are still in business their site will be up and running by end of Sept is what I was told They will e-mail information for now and take orders. :hatsoff:

Thanks for the info

last ones i bought were $38 CDN. but he had lots and lots.
he does not have so much now

Yeah, I checked and they were empty, but the fact that they even had empty cans showing that they sold BP was surprising. They just started doing this a few months back. Before that you had to know what guy in the store to ask about it, because everyone else would tell you they don't carry it.

I took this picture the last time I was in the store a couple of weeks ago. I just noticed that the prices of the powder has gone up to $30 a can. Dang.

I have bought powder from Coonies for years. UPS will deliver up to 25 pounds directly to your door. Check them out, good people. You will have to send them a letter with your signature before they will sell you the powder. Last time I bought powder they only accepted paper checks by snail mail for payment. But then I wasn't in a hurry anyway.

Coonie's Explosives & Black Powder, Inc.
P.O. Box 2062
Hobbs, NM 88241
Phone: 800-713-6321

UPS delivers my powder up to a case 25 pounds at a time. TAKE NOTICE there are no placards on the Big Brown Truck.

Graf's is 17.99 per pound a case Hazmat adds 30 bucks or 1.25 per pound way cheaper than $30.00 a pound.

I miss the 5.99 a pound with pick up at KTP in Kittery Maine in the 1990's

Latest posts

Back