• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bullet molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olgreenhead

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well folks i went out and bought me new 40 cal . Does anybody know where i can buy a used mold for it? Thanks Art

Roundball mold?
Get a new one for about $15 from track of the wolf or midsouth shooters supply.

Huntin

The aluminum Lee molds (as mentioned above) are cheap enough new.
Personally, IMO, I've never been all that happy with aluminum molds. I much prefer the steel (ie. Lyman, etc.)molds. They seem to hold the heat more consistantly, spue cutter / blocks seem to wear better, and feel better in the hand (most likely it's whatever you're used to).
Steel blocks don't usually come with handles, But if you do a search on Ebay sometimes you can find your (steel) mould with handles very reasonably priced.
Lots of folks do like the Lee's and for the price (new) they are a great deal if you like the aluminum blocks.
Some folks like cars,, some like trucks.

Art,

A few questions:

What make of barrel?

Do you want to shoot a tight target load that you pound in or a loose casual load that goes in easily in the field without a short starter?

Do you want a bag mould or a more convenient block mould with a cutter?

The answers will spur suggestions for what you need and how to get it.

CS

Back