• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Building 4 Bore Rifle #2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I wondered what happened, I was subscribed to your you tube and lost track. Glad there is sites like this and rumble

I got my 8 bore barrel last week. now I need to get some other projects out of the way so I can build it. With the breech plug of a 4 bore I am wondering how one might set it up to be a percussion rifle. would a nipple and drum arrangement be strong enough? I think a back action lock could be used without having to mill away part of the breech plug.

I got my 8 bore barrel last week. now I need to get some other projects out of the way so I can build it. With the breech plug of a 4 bore I am wondering how one might set it up to be a percussion rifle. would a nipple and drum arrangement be strong enough? I think a back action lock could be used without having to mill away part of the breech plug.
Don't know. I never built a percussion gun.

Bill, I’m going to build an Isaac Haines. I’m trying to follow your build of that rifle but man Rumble is a pain to navigate. Sometimes I can find the next video, sometimes not. I sure wish you wouldn’t have got kicked off YouTube.

But I will endeavor to persevere. Keep em coming.

It is a bit tougher to find stuff on Rumble sometimes, but I am glad that I got kicked off You Tube. Many videos on You Tube are starting to have disclaimers now. People have to change the way they make the videos just to comply with all of their rules. I am not making recreations of historical artifacts for educational purposes only. I am making GUNS that are designed to KILL things. If you do videos that have anything to do with guns, You Tube is nothing but trouble. If you want to make videos about what color lipstick looks best with your beard or how super awesome communism is, then You Tube is perfect.

Due to my connection I'm unable to watch videos, it would be great to see some pictures. This is this the "Royal, no cheese" I recently built. The name came from pulp fiction when they are discussing what a 1/4 pounder is in Europe since they are on the metric system and don't know what a pound is. As you know a 1 inch ball is about 4oz or a 1/4 pounder. . .
IMG_2022-12-12-20-47-13-128.jpg

IMG_2022-12-12-20-49-57-616.jpg

IMG_2022-12-12-20-48-08-436.jpg

IMG_2022-12-12-20-46-46-144.jpg

Fun to think about, but the reality of pulling the trigger on a 4 bore isn't something I like.
It's really not that bad, it's a bit like walking up to Mike Tyson and asking him to punch you in the face, it's not for everyone but some of us enjoy it 😜

Latest posts

Back