• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buffalo Bullet Company?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gote Rider

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Have any of you tried the .451 180gr.round nose bullet made by Buffalo Bullet Company? If so how did they perform in your gun? I have been thinking about buying some for my 1858 rem. and trying them for hog hunting. Also will I be able to load 35 to 40grs of powder with this bullet over a wad?

that's the 'ballet' the company calls it? are you sure it's still being made? I haven't seen 'em in long while. you need a diameter that will 'shave' a ring of lead off. you might try the Lee mold slug it's 200 gr. if you can't get those.

I saw some in the 2008 cabelas shooting catalog pg.109. You can see some on their web site.They are $17.99 for 50 bullets. They should work good for deer and hogs.

Get them from Deer Creek, they're $14.65/50. I haven't tried them in a revolver, but I have shot several deer with the 245gr Ball-et outta my .50 GPR w/ 1-in-60" twist. Really accurate over 70gr FFFg Goex.

No web site, just the old-fashioned phone. Their number is 765-525-6181.

Back