• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Broken barrel lug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsax26

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all went to the range today and noticed the the reaer wedge pin on my GPR kept coming lose.....so per the instructions i put a metal ber centered on lug and gave it a tap....and one complete side of the lug broke lose! i seriously tapped it like a 90 year old woman......how do i fix it !!

Just read a story about a 90 year old woman who laid out her husband with a cast iron frying pan. I'm thinking she woulda broke the lug too :grin:

Since it's a Lyman factory gun, the best bet would be to order a factory replacement. The manual should have a parts/price list with contact info.
One could be made but it's far simpler to order a replacement for that rifle.

Several years ago I bought a new Lyman trade rifle. When I started to assemble the rifle I noticed the underlug was completely missing. I took it to the Lyman warranty shop (Dixon's ML in PA).

I'm not sure if they put on a new barrel or brazed or soldered on the under lug.

I see you are in NY. Are you near the southern border? Give Lyman a call.

Latest posts

Back