• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Braziers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Braziers can be a real life saver if you are at an event where it rains continously. I have had my fires put out when the pit filled with water. It was real nice to be able to cook and make coffee over the charcoal brazier under the dining fly in the dry.

I hate to have to pack it, but it really has paid for itself a few times.

Many Klatch

Brazier. Singular, is a square sheet iron box anywhere from 8x8x8 to 12x12x12 inches. With feet on the bottom and a grill on top. You burn charcoal in them. Sometimes carried by officers in the revolutionary war era.

Our Brazier is our most important cooking utensil.
Is is great for rainy weather and nothing can beat it when you want a cup of coffee fast. We set ours up before turning in and in the morning, we light our homemade fire starter and 15 minutes later, coffee is served. The brazier concentrates the heat to a small area and it boils water much quicker than a campfire.

We do 1814 reenacting and ours is one of the first things packed. We use it on our regular camping trips also.

juice jaws said:
What is a Braziers??????????
It's what women folk use to hold up their... oh wait...that's a brassiere. :rotf:
Seriously though, I don't have one yet, but sure plan to. Last event I went to I saw a couple being used and they produce good, steady heat for cooking.

What Many Klatch says. Spent 96 hours straight under a fly one time cause it rained the whole camp. The brazier came in very handy. Easy to move around as the wind driven rain dictates. I take it to camp all the time, even if I don't think I'll need it.

LeatherMoose said:
Brazier. Singular, is a square sheet iron box anywhere from 8x8x8 to 12x12x12 inches. With feet on the bottom and a grill on top. You burn charcoal in them. Sometimes carried by officers in the revolutionary war era.

Hey juice jaw, like this:
Link

I had one that I made, I used heave sheet steel and smaller diameter steel rods. I loved it because I made it to fold up to about 8x8x2" or so. I know I traced a pattern of it.....might have to make another now that winter is here!! Feel free to contact me for a copy of the pattern.

Check this out for info on stoves and braziers. Documentation.[url] http://www.antiquestoves.com/history.htm[/url]

Bring it up, and click on History of Stoves. Read!

Last edited by a moderator:
IronHand (one of the Pyrates ) has a brazier that he uses all of the time....
(I think it is one of the standard... kinda... get from regular suppliers kinda thing.... I can ask him tho....)

I don't like carrying a lot of stuff..... but I can see where a brazier could come in handy......

Have used a single, and now a double brazier for years, especially when I am doing a weekender or going small. A few years back at Ft. fred I bought a double that has a small set of irons that fit in sockets on the sides, and with that, a small folding skillet, a good old cast iron griddle and a couple of small pieces like a trekkers set and small coffee pot from Westminster Forge I can live pretty large, keep it warm under the fly, and not worry about flooded firepits. They also are nice when you happen to be at a site that, like in a fort or historical location, forbids digging. I have a local wood shop keep me a lot of hardwood scraps from their production floor, and cut them to lemgth with my miter saw. I also take a bag or two of lump charcoal with me for longer cooking times. I don't like briquets, they smell bad and can get too hot.

Latest posts

Back