• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Modified Crazy Crow Brazier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this Brazier from Crazy Crow a while back. I like it and it was very fairly priced but had an issue I could not live with. The grill at the top pivoted open on one of the cross bars near the back but not the one all the way back. That meant that when open the grill blocked half of the opening making it hard to load fuel. A little time with a Sawzall, grinder, chop saw, and welder solved the issue. The grill is now removable and rests on four angle brackets in the corners. Thus I can easily and fully access the firebox for loading and cleaning. Sometime in the future I would like to cut a door in one of the sides so I can load fuel with disturbing something on the grill.
Brazier as received:
6363C453-642F-440C-86F9-EAFDFBA6A89C.jpeg

After modification:
DD064267-8712-402F-8501-1533BF24FEC1.jpeg

I modified one also. Same brazier from crazy crow. Cut the grate off. Just turn the Grate set it on top of the brazier offset. I also mostly use small oak cherry hickory blocks from the saw mills. Cooks better than buying charcoal. Pile it up full. burns down Set grate on. Draws air to burn way better also. Need more fire, pick the grate off throw in a couple more chunks wood.

Just turn the Grate set it on top of the brazier offset. I also mostly use small oak cherry hickory blocks from the saw mills. Cooks better than buying charcoal. Pile it up full. burns down Set grate on. Draws air to burn way better also. Need more fire, pick the grate off throw in a couple more chunks wood.
👍 ,Exactly! Who said it's supposed to fit in that spot for cooking? It's a Brazier,, with a grate,, use it.
It's not supposed to be a self contained cooking unit with directions that are right or wrong,,.
It's a metal box for holding fire, the heat the fire makes is what ya cook with.
Sometimes I just hold my fry pan over the top of it and don't even use the grate,,

Latest posts

Back