• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass Frame Revolver with Conversion Cylinder?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Pietta 1 of 5000 Bison 44 caliber Revolvers at a show last weekend. Upon closer examination, I find that the cylinders are of the conversion type for modern ammo. My concern is with the fact that they have BRASS frames. In my research, I cannot find where they came with those. I assumed they were Cap and Ball. I've got a call into the dealer I bought them from. According to him, they were from an estate. So, he may not have any additional information for me.

Thanks!

Walt

Attachments

• 20220328_190552.jpg
    20220328_190552.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220328_190603.jpg
    20220328_190603.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220328_190610.jpg
    20220328_190610.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220328_190619.jpg
    20220328_190619.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 30
Those conversion cylinders were made by either R&D or Taylor's & Co. They would be either .44-40 or .45 Colt, too difficult to tell from a photo. If the loads were kept light they would be OK but not too desirable with brass frames. Expect this thread to be closed soon or deleted completely as we cannot discuss conversions on this forum.

Those conversion cylinders were made by either R&D or Taylor's & Co. They would be either .44-40 or .45 Colt, too difficult to tell from a photo. If the loads were kept light they would be OK but not too desirable with brass frames. Expect this thread to be closed soon or deleted completely as we cannot discuss conversions on this forum.

Thanks for your response! It did not occur to me that this might violate the forum rules.

Walt

Thanks for your response! It did not occur to me that this might violate the forum rules.

Walt
In addition to topic violating forum rules, also violates safety guidelines established by the conversation cylinder manufacturers. Can’t give you detailed reasons, but absolutely not recommended by cylinder manufacturers. Good luck in your endeavor.

In addition to topic violating forum rules, also violates safety guidelines established by the conversation cylinder manufacturers. Can’t give you detailed reasons, but absolutely not recommended by cylinder manufacturers. Good luck in your endeavor.

When I saw it, my first thought was, WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!

There is no delete or I would. Admin, I got my answers and apologize for the post.

I will order the correct cylinders and most likely sell these.

Thanks!

Walt

Latest posts

Back