• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass Barreled NW Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Picked it up late today. Sorry for the poor quality indoor pics. Better ones soon.

Terry Briggs built this gun a couple of years ago. Re-purposed a original barrel an modified a Bess lock. The trigger came out of the early parts bin. The original breech was still perfect. The barrel is 32 inches and it is a 69 caliber.

Very unique....I like it!.. :thumbsup:

Let me clarify that....
I like everything about it....
The English buttsock lines.
The muted lock
The color of the stock and the grain of the wood
And the barrel just...seems so right.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

colorado clyde said:
Very unique....I like it!.. :thumbsup:

Let me clarify that....
I like everything about it....
The English buttsock lines.
The muted lock
The color of the stock and the grain of the wood
And the barrel just...seems so right.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:metoo:

B.

That's so cool. It's not what I expected seeing the title - very pleasantly surprised. The wood is gorgeous too!

That is a great muzzle gun. It represents ingenuity and preservation of the purpose of this whole avocation. Repurposing parts is part of history. Plus I love the looks. Tell us how it shoots. :thumbsup:

Silky921 said:
Does the brass make it heavier or lighter than a typical barrel?

Brass is slightly heavier than iron. Not enough so you could tell...

Bag man..
How in the devil are you going to keep that bore clean??? I'm not trying to be funny.
I have seen brass muzzle loading rifles
but..those have never been shot..
My Fowler's demand clean bores to shoot consistent patterns...
I'm thinking cordless drill and a long dowel with steel wool or equivalent to beat back the corrosion.

You clean it like any other BP smoothbore. Make sure it is dried thoroughly and lube for storage.

Back