• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bought a Caywood 20Ga

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa woods roamer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just pushed the " BUY" Button on, GunBroker.com, for a Caywood 20Ga. English Fowler!! Included is a .58 Cal.interchangeable Barrel. Tis a Left Hander. Any ideas if I did good or Bad?? Not much experience when It comes to Caywwod Flinters....

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome locks, fast and reliable. Arms are well made, not truly pc correct for the era, but well made arms regardless. FWIW I shoot lefty using a Caywood Wilson fowler and never notice the pan flash ... as all my attention is on the front sight - where your's should be too :) !

Enjoy!

Bought it off a Gun Auction site, guess you`re not allowed to say which one?? Anyhow, will try and post pictures when She gets here.I had a Tulle smoothie but gave it to my Son. I`ve had the yearning for another one ever since.....Now, if I can get the Missus to talk to me again...

:thumbsup: Should be a great gun,I always hear good things about them.

P.S. enjoy the silence while you can. :haha:

Caywood is dedicated to quality. I'm not a fan of his styling and barrel profiling but that is me.
His locks were made in-house for a long time. Those were reputed to be very excellent. I have no knowledge what he is using currently but I'm sure he is installing quality.

I've had a couple over the years, good guns, good shooters.Killed my first flintlock bear with a 20 ga wilson. The bear did not like Caywoods at all!
Enjoy it!
Nit Wit

Ya did big. I have a 12 ga english game gun an love it. Danny jug choked it and it shoots excellent patterns :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Just got an E-Mail stating that He got the Money Order, and an official Punxsutawney Phil Hat that I sent along, and will ship it out today!!
Another question...It has the removable choke system. Can I or will it shoot Roundballs out of it?? Not familiar with His system and hopin` I don`t blow it off when I shoot a Roundball out????

UUhh, never mind the interchangeable Choke System queston!! It is an interchangeable BARREL system!! Man. hard to admit I made a mistake!!
By the way, I might be naming Her " Sandy." ` cause Hurricane Sandy is bearing down on us Pa. Boys as I type......

Got my California Caywood from the UPS Truck Yesterday. In almost new condition and does have the interchangeable CHOKE System. Cleaned it up and using 60grs. of 2F under a Hoppes #9 lubed Patch and Ball shot a three inch group at 25yds. A bit to the left but will work on that!! It is a great Smoothie and goes off quickly when the Pan is fully stoked.Nice and light and points well.So far, very satisfied. I tried to post Pictures but no luck so far....

Lead Slinger, I should be taking delivery of a Caywood Officer's fusil in 20 gauge here any day. 37" barrel. Can't wait, with a little luck I may be able to sneak 'er out for deer season.

I`m liking mine more and more everyday!! The Trigger pull is a little stiff and I`m hoping the more I shoot it the smoother it will be. I have about a Month and a half, here in Pa., to get it ready to go.

Latest posts

Back