• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bling Inlays....Elk teeth??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveT

32 Cal
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine gave me a set of elk teeth. (Bugler's) Not really knowing what to do with them I was thinking what would they look like inlayed in the stock of a flinter?

Too much bling?
Not PC....but that's not a big deal to me.
Will it look like an elk bit the flintlock? o_O

And if I do this, what would be the preferred method of keeping them in the stock? Bedding compound? Superglue? Just have a live elk keep biting the stock?

Thanks for your input.

What style of a flinter? It's really more of a Rocky Mountain animal or circa 1830-1850 sort of thing. If you put them in the wrong place, that decision can really come back and bite you in the butt.;)

Jewelry is always a possibility...for most. I cannot wear rings or wrist watches because of my medical condition. (Yeah...sounds silly, but it's true) Rings and wrist watches put pressure on my wrist\finger and after an hour or so, my wrist or finger will feel like one big toothache.

I had to quite wearing rings\watches when I was 47.

Thanks Gent's. I know knife makers inlet 'em in the handles.....I just didn't know if anyone had done it in a rifle stock.

I think the teeth are safe from ending up in a rifle stock.

Latest posts

Back