• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Source Eastern Mass?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroutBum60

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I am having a very difficult time finding a source of Black Powder here in Eastern Mass. It seems that the regulations and the cost of the required permits is making it prohibitive for local gun shops to keep Black Powder in stock. Where are folks getting their powder?

Hi! I too am from MA, once the cradle of Libery - doh! I can't find it ANYWHERE in Mass, so I drive to ME to get it. I am sitting on 'some', have some Goex & Scheutzen in 2F and 3F. I get to the Cape every 6-weeks or so and we could always meet up if you needed some.

I get mine at Kittery Trading Post when I need a fast pound, otherwise I split 25# orders with others from my gun club. Please feel free to PM me (text message) if you need any!

Cheers and Happy New Year!

You could try Hunters Rendesvous in Pepperel MA. I haven't been in a while, but he carries alot of BP and primitive archery stuff.He had it the last time I was there.Go up 495 and take exit 31. Turn right and follow the signs for 119.It's a little over 11 miles up on the right hand side.The phone # is (978) 433-9458 if you want to call ahead.

TroutBum60 said:
I am having a very difficult time finding a source of Black Powder here in Eastern Mass. It seems that the regulations and the cost of the required permits is making it prohibitive for local gun shops to keep Black Powder in stock. Where are folks getting their powder?

I get my powder from Powder Inc. I do not know what the laws are in Mass though.

Can't ship powder to mASSachsetts.

I combine shipments to a nearby fellow bp shooter in Vt, 25 lb lots from powder inc.

Got a friend in NH/RI? IF those states have legal means to ship BP?

Back