• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Birmingham Arms rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nobade

32 cal
Reaction score
On Gunbroker I see a Enfield rifle listed, as Birmingham Arms 1861. It's a P53 with a rifled bore, English type proof marks, and very poor lock stamping. The seller says it's not Indian made but it's certainly not English or old. And he wants quite a high price for it. I'd not seen one quite like it before, does anyone know what the story is on those?

I saw that rifle on gunbroker also. It is absolutley not an original. Actually I’m not sure who made it. I’m thinking it’s an Italian gun that’s had a major Defarb done to it. I know the listing says it’s not Italian but most sellers of something like this on gunbroker have zero idea what they are talking about. I took the liberty of stealing the gunbroker photos to post here. I’m sure someone will recognize what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_4777.jpeg
    IMG_4777.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4776.jpeg
    IMG_4776.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4775.jpeg
    IMG_4775.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4774.jpeg
    IMG_4774.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4773.jpeg
    IMG_4773.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4772.jpeg
    IMG_4772.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4769.jpeg
    IMG_4769.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4771.jpeg
    IMG_4771.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4768.jpeg
    IMG_4768.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 0
Yes, I have a Parker Hale 1861. The point of my post was asking if anyone has ever heard of the rifles he is selling? It looks really fake to me but maybe there is a new manufacturer out there.
Link to the auction (if that is allowed) https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1043588538
Birmingham small arms was an actual maker of these rifles at one time. Google them. They did make these during the civil war but I’m guessing this is a reproduction. A rifle can be made, defarbed and General Motors markings can be put on them. Doesn’t mean General Motors actually made it. Someone on the forum will come along and tell us.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back