• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best way to bow wedge pins?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every time I knock out the wedge pins on my LGPR, they become loose upon reinsertion.

I think I read you can use a tap to lightly tap down on the fat end of them while in the gun, as an effective method.

Any ideas?

I'm sick of just leaning them on my screwdriver and whacking with my hammer šŸ™„

Nevermind, guys! Got it

I remembered I had the perfect tool. I have an old jeweler's block. Set the pin on the block bow side down. Used my tap and a hammer to gently tap the center a handful of times. Added more bow, then tapped it into the holes under the barrel.

Nice and tight! šŸ˜ She's in perfect working order šŸ‘

Thanks again guys for all your help over the past year or so, as I've been learning muzzleloading!

Not only did I have better groupings yesterday, but I fired 45 shots without a single flash in the pan or misfire! Didn't even change flints! šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³

A good soldier always takes care of his weapon!...or, um, now that's soldiering!

EDIT: Sorry, but follow up question. Breaking down my LGPR yesterday to clean her, what's this circular thing in here underneath the lock, next the the trigger mechanism? šŸ¤”

EDIT 2: Well, the manual says it's the "Lock Screw Bushing". The heck is a bushing? The lock screws in on the opposite side of the weapon, I thought? What's its exact purpose? Should it be cleaned as well?

Attachments

• 20230827_180020.jpg
    20230827_180020.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back