• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Range Rod Suggestions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that a one-piece, 40"+ rod was cumbersome for bringing to the range so I got a couple of the Treso sectional range rods. They screw together in seconds and have been strong enough for pullling balls. The metal T-handle can be kept from rotating by putting a small pin in the hole of the handle.

I have used Vice grips on them, beat on them with mallets, bent the brass, hammered them straight, they just keep working. They're relatively cheap, at probably 30 bucks per rod

I can't even remember where I got my two (most used) ss range rods. I put bore protectors on them and they are 46" or 48" I'll just have to check. Then there are the other rods most of which I made. Have one Delrin rod for shorty rifles. One is a steel rod for a BMG which is there if I ever need it. Then several made from heavily coated glass that are rarely used nowadays. One aluminum rods that just needs a handle.

At the range I normally load with the wood underbarrel rod but they are pretty useless for pulling dry balls. The BMG rod has been with me about 55 years but hasn't been used for anything lately. All rods have muzzle protectors.

Latest posts

Back