• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Movie Soundtracks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splais

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just watched Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day Lewis version)for about the seventh time. I've come to the conclusion that it is the soundtrack that draws me to this movie; best all-round sound track I've ever heard as far as matching the style of the movie, story line, etc, just awesome. do you agree, disagree, what's yours.

LOTM is without a doubt my favorite soundtrack, followed closely by The Magnificemt Seven.

And their is an acoustic version of The Gael on Youtube that I have been trying to post for several days. Perhaps someone smarter than me can post it. The guitar player plays it in 4 different chords, and is great.

Couldn't agree more. The soundtrack definitely makes the movie. I've gotta admit, though, that I've got a particular fondness for the scene where Chingachgook races to avenge his son's death. The music adds to it, but I think that bit would get to me no matter what.

One soundtrack stands out above all others for me - Ken Burns's The Civil War. The "Ashokan Farewell" chokes me up, and the other, period music is amazing in setting the tone.

I like the soundtrack for Gettysburg as well. I learned to sing "Kathleen Mavourneen" after hearing that.

While the acoustic guitar version in nice, the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards does it up right.

[youtube]0rSBYJcG8pg&feature[/youtube]

God bless

Though not really considered "muzzleloading" movies, in addition to the films already mentioned here, I enjoyed the theme music for both "Quigly Down Under" and "Dances with Wolves".

" I Pity The Man , No Born in Scotland, Who Hears The Sound Of The Pipes!!" thats me, pity-ing myself! Wow very nice.

Where do you get it?

Pat

Where can a CD verson of Jeremaih Johnson be found? The last time I heard it, not on the movie, was on 8 track!(yea, thats right!) :(

P

poordevil said:
" I Pity The Man , No Born in Scotland, Who Hears The Sound Of The Pipes!!" thats me, pity-ing myself! Wow very nice.

Where do you get it?

Pat

Yeah, Pat, I know what you mean. The pipes do stir the blood...and my ancestry is Saxon, not Gaelic.

Amazon might have something by the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, but I don't really know. Boarders Books might have a source too.

God bless

Swampy said:
Thank god for the Irish huh? :haha:

Actually it's the Scots. :wink: Your first link is to the composer, Dougie MacLean. Although I like bagpipes in general I much prefer the fiddle version of The Gael. If you like Scottish fiddle music check out Alasdair Fraser.

Back