• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Berks rifle gun 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownie1934

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This year's build.Berks county build.
Colerain .50/ 38". swamp/ Chambers late Ketland/ #4 stock (David Keck)/ My own set triggers, thimbles,& Patch box.

87.jpg

011.jpg

006.jpg

79.jpg

Nice rifle. :thumbsup:

Been fooling around making some of my own triggers and would like to see how you go about making and forming yours. Any chance of photos or descriptions?

marmotslayer; I only have pics of the finished product. In retrospect I should have done pics of how I do it but it nrver cccured to me. I have a few pics of the finished product I could email to you if you think it would help.
Let me know. My email is in mt profile . Bob

Yes, please post them here. I really like the "Nose" on that rifle.
Woody

Thanks, those are nice kits. Are the shoes soldered on or ???

Did you start with a kit or hand make all those parts?

The plate is sawn out of 1/2"bar stock. Triggers are also sawn from sheet steel just over 1/4". All parts are done on a chinese milling machine IE; Hack saw and about 50 files. (Buy the best blades you can find). Once fitted all bearing parts are case hardened and working contacts are stoned& polished.Spring is sawn from anneaaled springs. Hardened & temperd to about 650 degrese.
I do make the bolts for the main spring on my small lathe. For safe triggers the front trigger pin should be exactly square under the byte where the back trigger engages the set trigger.
Wow , my typing finger is gettin sore so, By fer now. Bob

Thanks for those details. I have a square stell rod on the bench that is waiting to be part of a trigger. I've cut and formed the single triggers before but have never had any luck cold or hot hammering the shoes. I finally gave it up and soldered the shoes to the rest of the trigger.

I see I have steered another perfectly food thread into the ditch! :redface:

Latest posts

Back