• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Benjamin and Medwin cast ironware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trent/OH

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Today I stumbled across an 8" cast iron skillet made by Benjamin and Medwin. I understand that some companies made or make better cast iron than others.
How does Benjamin and Medwin stack up? An internet search yielded almost no results.
Thanks!

Don't know, but you can pretty much look at'm an see if they's any good.
Look at a Griswald or Wagner compared to "made in Taiwan" and the grain isn't as open, the surface is smoother and they're much lighter.

Since I've found Griswald and Wagner pans for all my needs even the newer standard set by "Lodge" cast iron stuff don't add up.

I first started looking for Wagner/Griswald cast iron after someone mentioned it on here. I've only found some Wagners so far, but after that glass-smooth bottom of the pan I haven't touched any of my previous Lodge stuff since. I highly recommend the Wagner ones, even if they need a bit of rust removed first :hatsoff:

I have my Mom's wagner fry pan that she got as a wedding gift 60 years ago. I love it. It is smooth as glass inside and has a wooden handle that doesn't get hot. Can't buy em like that anymore.

I had done some checking on B&M a couple years ago. Modern stuff. Not the quality of OLD Griswold or Wagner, but nothing modern is. Here's some of the detail (what I could still find from my old files):

Benjamin & Medwin® is a registered trademark used for Cookware, Namely, Non-Electric Pots, Frying Pans, Griddles and Skillets and owned by Benjamin & Medwin, Inc.. Full trade mark registration details, registered images and more information below.

Goods and/or Services: Cookware, Namely, Non-Electric Pots, Frying Pans, Griddles and Skillets

Serial Number: 78133709
Registration Number: 2775531
Filing Date: Jun 6, 2002
Last Applicant(s)/
Owner(s) of Record Benjamin & Medwin, Inc.
230 Fifth Avenue
New York, Ny 10001 US

Last I heard, I think they went under...

Latest posts

Back