• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Belt bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickey Brown

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I wanted a small belt bag to keep pocket items in at rendezvous and to use when hunting with the Fusil instead of a large bag. I made this one from elk hide sewn with hemp
CRW_0683_zpsaf6ac0eb.jpg
CRW_0684_zps4027f91a.jpg

Looks like my size and style of belt bag.... Small, no clasp or buckle to fumble with, but with a flap sewn with a top seam rather than one piece with the back and long enough not to flop open. Excellent!

My criteria for size is at least large enough for me to shove my closed fist into it (easier to grab small stuff that always settles to the bottom). Saying that, how big is yours?

Looks really good. I made a belt bag last year based off an early 18th century drawing...unlike you...I "eyeballed wrong" and it's a little tough withdrawing my hand with something in it! Chalked it up to lessons learned.

That would work, but it'll probably just be given to someone with a much smaller hand than mine and I'll start over.

experience is the best teacher. I don't know how leather projects I started and had to scrap before I got the hang of it

Henry Morrison said:
I don't know how leather projects I started and had to scrap before I got the hang of it

Ain't that the truth!!!! :rotf:

Funny how good things look when you're first starting out, but with experience those first efforts start looking like something that needs to spend the rest of its days in the deep dark corner of a drawer somewhere... :td:

Back