• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Belgium Target Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariner

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all, I thought I would share my range experience with my .45cal percussion pistol. 1.5 inch group at 25yds with 15gr of FF swiss and 18gr of cornmeal. Also, 1 inch group at 15yds with 12gr of FF swiss and 15gr of cornmeal. The pistol is made by Adolphe Jansen.

Does anyone else in the group shoot original target pistols? If so what sort of accuracy do you normally get?

Attachments

• 20211223_094513.jpg
    20211223_094513.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210913_104652.jpg
    20210913_104652.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 72
That's good shooting, and the pistol is beautiful! Thanks for showing it!

Is that a simple trigger, or single-set?

I have two antique pistols, but they are both big-bore (.54 caliber) percussion military guns and not target pistols. One Austrian and one American. Both are shootable, and in fact I just had the M1842 Johnson pistol barrel lined by Mr. Hoyt. Haven't had a chance to try it out. While I would not expect that kind of target accuracy from them, both of these old pistols are very ergonomic and "pointable." Way better than my Lyman plains pistol in grip shape and balance.

I'm glad to see you shooting the antique pistol you have. I believe that shooting these old guns doesn't hurt, and may even be good for them, as long as they are properly loaded and cleaned. I've seen a lot of fine old guns that have rusted and deteriorated in storage.

Again, thank you for showing us your pistol. You did some fine shooting with it.

Notchy Bob

Very nice original. Don`t own any originals but have shot a few of my fellow competitors fine originals. Always fun to shoot but are no more accurate and shoot no better than any of my modern made single shots that look the same. Accuracy 2-3in. at 50yds for 10 shot groups with the right load...c

That's good shooting, and the pistol is beautiful! Thanks for showing it!

Is that a simple trigger, or single-set?

I have two antique pistols, but they are both big-bore (.54 caliber) percussion military guns and not target pistols. One Austrian and one American. Both are shootable, and in fact I just had the M1842 Johnson pistol barrel lined by Mr. Hoyt. Haven't had a chance to try it out. While I would not expect that kind of target accuracy from them, both of these old pistols are very ergonomic and "pointable." Way better than my Lyman plains pistol in grip shape and balance.

I'm glad to see you shooting the antique pistol you have. I believe that shooting these old guns doesn't hurt, and may even be good for them, as long as they are properly loaded and cleaned. I've seen a lot of fine old guns that have rusted and deteriorated in storage.

Again, thank you for showing us your pistol. You did some fine shooting with it.

Notchy Bob
It is a simple trigger but is very light. I haven't measured it but it is probably around 3.5lbs.

Latest posts

Back