• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Belgium made percussion pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Macgloy, here are some more pictures. I thought it would be easier to just post them here, and for anyone on the forum here who might be interested seeing them also.

I notice that some of the Centaure guns have a fake looking scene engraved on their cylinder, deliberately made so as to not look like the original Colt, in an effort (I suppose) to not deceive anyone into thinking it was an original, although the engraving on my cylinder looks like the old style engraving. I don't understand that.

Another thing noteworthy is that the color case hardening is real, not like the newer made guns that just use dye for the appearance of color case hardening.

View attachment 68084View attachment 68085View attachment 68086View attachment 68087View attachment 68088View attachment 68089View attachment 68090View attachment 68091
NOW that rely looks' to be KILLER, and the RAMPANT COLT!! you don't see that on repo's. it is a rely great piece!

Hello PB ARN, Smoothian and friends, I am a German centaur collector and belong to the FROCS, Friends of Centaur Society. Can I use your pictures for my website?

https://www.santa-barbara-1858.org/index.php/de/centaureLook to Centaure

I would also like to have the serial numbers for our database if these have not yet been sent to our FROCS # 2
Thanks Gloyer MacGloy FROCS #158

If any use to you, my Centuare 1860 was serial number 8106. The barrel was marked 1960 NEW MODEL ARMY CENTENNIAL TRADE MARK. Sold it to a man in Cody, Wyoming in 1977. Shot OK
1615388567192.png

1615388507490.png

what are IMPERIAL THREADS'?
Imperial threads are similar to ASAE threads, but as I recall the thread per inch might be the same, the angle of the thread peaks may be different. For instance, a Martini Henry may have had a 1x14 TPI, but the American 1x14TPI had a different angle peak and valley and is not compatible with the Imperial thread. At least that is what my understanding is.

Thank you very much JC Kelly, yours was a 3/2 or 3/3, it depends on the notch at the grip.
Iam looking for nice FROCS stories for my website. How you became a FROCS and your first Centaure.

Imperial threads are similar to ASAE threads, but as I recall the thread per inch might be the same, the angle of the thread peaks may be different. For instance, a Martini Henry may have had a 1x14 TPI, but the American 1x14TPI had a different angle peak and valley and is not compatible with the Imperial thread. At least that is what my understanding is.

That's the nice thing about standards, there's so many to choose from.

The Imperial thread shape has a 55° included angle form while the Unified threads used in the US (and metric) threads have a 60° included angle.

Both the Imperial and Unified thread measurements are given in inches with the first number being the diameter of the external thread and the second number, the number of threads per inch. Both types of threads may have the same size and thread count numbers so there are 1/4-20 Imperial and 1/4-20 Unified threads in the world. Because of the difference in the thread shape, they will not screw together.

The Whitworth thread is the course thread version of the Imperial threads while the BSF (British Standard Fine) thread is the fine threaded version.

thank you for the reply.

The Imperial thread shape has a 55° included angle form while the Unified threads used in the US (and metric) threads have a 60° included angle.

Both the Imperial and Unified thread measurements are given in inches with the first number being the diameter of the external thread and the second number, the number of threads per inch. Both types of threads may have the same size and thread count numbers so there are 1/4-20 Imperial and 1/4-20 Unified threads in the world. Because of the difference in the thread shape, they will not screw together.

The Whitworth thread is the course thread version of the Imperial threads while the BSF (British Standard Fine) thread is the fine threaded version.
This is an original display board for a trade fair in Europe. F.A.U.L.. Front rifle
Messetafel.jpeg

Back