• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

belgium made flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stilts1933

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy all , I just aquired a belgium made 54 cal flintlock pistol . Looks like a Harpers Ferry pistol with Centenial on barrel top with Virginia on lock plate with a date , behind the tang it has a sailing tall ship engraved in the wood .Said his dad had it in the 70's . How were these for quality and shootability ? . Looks like much better quality than japanese tower pistols . Thanks Dan

Centennial Arms Corp. was started back in the 1950's and sold several different guns, most of them made in Belgium.

The 1860 Colt Army they made has almost a cult following and I believe all of the guns they made were of high quality.

Your gun seems to be the HARPERS FERRY, a copy of the 1805 US military flintlock.
It came with a rifled .54 caliber barrel and the gun was 16" long. It was finished with the barrel in the white and had polished brass furniture.

It may be a copy of the Virginia Manafactoury pistol which is a copy of the Harper's Ferry with a few minor differences including a captive rammer. Possibly the carved sailing ship was done later.

Howdy all , it has the captive ram rod that swings down like on some horse pistols so you dont loose it. On the tail of the lock it says Richmond and Virginia in front of hammer .I just recieved a reply listing it as a Confederate version of the Harpers ferry pistol and listed a 1967 ad with the price at $69.95 . Seems like a lot of money for 1967 . Got to get some time to wring it out . Thanks Dan

Back