• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear fat for patches....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Got a bear with a bow(a small one). I thought there was a bear fat frying and cheese cloth strain formula for patches, I couldn't find it in a search. If I don't do something quick the wife is is going to quit making me coffee in the mornings with the frozen bear fat in the frezzer.

Thanks,
MLC

I have a small frezzer in the barn that I keep mine in. The way I do my fat(groundhog,deer,skunk,possoum,coon) I have gas burner that I use out side in shed, I use cast iron skellet or pot, fry down, not to hot like bacon, I use a metal screen that you use to cover bacon so grease don't fly out on stove, or you can use any fine screen, I have used a tea strainer for small batches, I put in tins then keep in frezzer so don't get rancid. Bear will go back to liqued at room temp. Deer is more solid. I won 2nd place with a 36 TCSencea first time I shot the Gun with that barrel. I used 40 grs 3fff and bear grease patches.This was last time they had a shoot at Great Trails Festival In Malvern. I felt pretty good out shooting those big fancy guns.I got one more 2nd at Killbuck with the gun. Hopes this helps. Dilly

Back