• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

be careful with those folding camp chairs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.D.

69 Cal.
Reaction score
A friend, who shall remain nameless, lost the end of one finger, to the first joint, and the meaty part and part of the nail of his little finger, on the opposite hand, when a folding camp chair collapsed, this weekend.

My friend put his hands down, to catch himself, when the canvas seat gave way, without warning. The legs of the chair acted as a guillotine to crush one finger and sever the meaty part of another.

I have personally seen the canvas seat give way on several folding chairs, including mine. In each case, there was no indication that the canvas was in bad condition, or that it was about to give way.

I heartily suggest that everyone who has a folding camp chair with a canvas seat, replace the canvas periodically to prevent a potential, serious injury.

God bless

A friend and I witnessed about the same thing at, as I recall, the 2001, maybe 2002 Southeastern. A young guy was drinking pretty heavily while sitting in one of those two piece interlocking chairs. The ground was soft and he decided to reset the chair. When he attempted to sit down he got a finger in the scissor joint and it cut it off save enough skin that kept it from falling to the ground. He spent the rest of the night at the local hospital having it re-attached.

Heard about that. Heard at the same event a guy tore up has hand pretty bad on a metal stake.

wayne1967 said:
Heard about that. Heard at the same event a guy tore up has hand pretty bad on a metal stake.

Yeah, the trade fair was rough on participants. :wink:

The person who had the stake run through his hand was one of the members of the hosting "Dutch Rats" who was injured placing roughly 4' steel poles as he erected pedestrian barriers to protect new grass.

Bob's health isn't all that good, so he may take some time to heal.

IMHO, a few prayers for both injured parties might be in order.

IMHO, Heavy drinking and sharp pointy objects, things that go bang, and potential guillotines don't mix well. The sad part is, most folks recognize the danger with most of the tools and toys we use. No one is aware of the potential for serious injury from sitting in a camp chair....other than possibly falling off of it because of heavy drinking. :wink:

Be careful out there folks. Danger is lurking in unexpected places.
God bless

Being a full growed man I have turned a bunch of camp chairs into kindling over the years. For the past two years I have been using a Panter Primitive folding camp chair, yes the lard arse model. It has a canvas seat. I do thank you for this information as I have started to gain confidence in these chairs!
:thumbsup:

this last hunting season ,I was captive in a old army cot,all by myself,I rocked back and forth until it tipped over. its still there ,talk about a rude awaking !

Latest posts

Back