• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

barrel too wide for stock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xia_emperor

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a preinletted english fowler stock and a 20 ga round to oct barrel. the barrel is a 1/4" too wide for the stock and the stock does not have enough wood to allow inletting the barrel. should I just file the barrel down to 1"?

:hmm:

I would either send the barrel back or the stock.. Removing 1/8" from all the flats would not be worth it to me.

I would see which is an actual choice, I would kind of go for the larger barrel at the breech which is usually missing on todays guns.

You have the wrong barrel or the wrong stock, but filing it down 1/4" is not the answer. Cutting out that much could involve allot of issues getting the lock to fit right & etc. as you may run out of wood on the panels.
Send one of the other back or buy one or the other that is the correct mate. Save the remaining part for the next build or just sell it.

Keith Lisle

Pecatonica river is building me a stock and it will arrive in two weeks. I am just going to send the stock back to track of the wolf.

Best and only answer to return to sender. No one out there selling kits wants to make a problem for the builder. they would want to make it right for sure. good luck. all will be fine when you get the new wood.

Latest posts

Back