• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel Lug Repair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I was able to reattach my front barrel lug. I used a product called Solder.It Silver Bearing Solder Paste. A propane torch was plenty hot enough. I did have to enlarge the hole in the lug just a touch to get the pin thru. The Bess is back together and looks really good to me. I still have to age the lock a little. Thanks to all who encouraged me to make the lug repair myself. Now I can do it again if I need to. The original joint wasn't silver soldered by the way. It flowed using the propane. I used wet paper towels to heatsink the other lugs and the bayonet lug.
[url] www.solderit.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back