• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ball size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CC, you may be right!

Zonie ,what I am referring to is the people who in the name of Muzzleloading, go hunting with a modern .44 or .45 pistol and empty it at a running deer! And I have took some of them with me and didn't know they were like that, until they cut loose! One fellow that comes to mine, we even furnished the ML, and he got seven shots off at one deer! Then had the nerve to tell us that the sights were off! Thus my double barrel, automatic , pump front stuffer! And this is all in one gun!

And it was a revolver that the man had to sell me that was 44 cal! Didn't mean to confuse everybody! :rotf: :blah:

Different revolvers use different size RBs. I believe most would agree that the best size ball for a revolver will shave off a small lead ring when being pressed into the chambers. We would need the model to better know what size ball and then it would be an educated guess. Since a revolver doesn't use a patch like rifles, it uses a slightly larger ball that is pressed in. Something like a 454 or 456 ball.

Mooman, not getting a revolver! I have ordered a Traditions Trapper in .50 cal and already have a .490 RB mold to cast my own! The man I was talking to was being vague about what he had! Finally found out this morning he has a Revolver!

Thanks Everybody! :grin:

Back