• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ball molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sometime ago someone posted a link to an English fellow that sold brass round ball molds. Since there are none to be had here for a reasonable price I was wondering if I might findout who that was?

I also like Larry Callahan's bag molds. A bit more pricey than the Tanner molds, but Larry's come complete.

Since I like that Larry Callahan's molds are correct (at least enough to pass the jury at the Trade Faire at Fort de Chartres), I prefer the Callahan molds. If he doesn't have it in his inventory, he will make one, whatever diameter you want.

Callahan Bagmolds & Accoutrements

Just bought a round ball mold in.301 for my 31 cal ss pistol. It’s made from brass rod and can be made to your specs in 1thou increments it’s a beautiful thing and you can order the depth of the sprue which you must cut off after dropping the ball. Also very reasonably priced and quick turnaround. Recommended! Ballmold has a website.

I’ve got several Callahan molds and other products, just used his ball screw Thursday. His products are #1 in my book.
I don’t think he makes a brass mold however. Brass and iron are both hc.
Don’t want to rag on our cousins across the pond but I do like supporting our little makers here.

Back