• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Baker Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one currently being built by Doc White.It is in the finishing stage and I hope to have it before too long.He has another one to be built on the books so if you contact him at white muzzleloading you may be able to put it on hold until its finished.Only thing custom Baker rifles aren t cheap.If you go to his website you can see pics of my gun as it finishes up

CharlesZ said:
Anyone have one of these? If so, how does it handle and where can I get one?
Try The Discriminating General. I believe they have working Bakers.
Don't quote me, though.

There are two quite separate sources that I have come across.

One is in Canada and comes up first on a google search. They don't fire, but the company provides a link to an American barrel maker to make it shootible.

The Rifle Shop makes a careful reproduction of the Baker, not cheap. If I ever go to a flintlock rifle, it would be my first choice. Also comes up on a google search.

The replica Bakers sold by Loyalist arms,Middlesex
etc are made in India copies.First thing they are smoothbore,the wood is an Indian rosewood or teak,the work is rough at best and in my opinion not a very good copy of the real thing.If you want an exact copy you either buy the parts from the RifleShoppe and build it yourself or have some
one else build the gun for you with a price range
of $1100 for the parts to whatever a Custom builder will charge you for the build

I have a Baker from Jess at The Rifle Shoppe. It shoots better than I do and even though it is basic military rifle there are days that I can hold my own against cap guns with double set triggers and peep sights. :thumbsup:

I bought a Baker from MVTC. and sent it to Ed ryle in WV and he put a new barrel on it. I reworked the lock and the stock. The rifle can out shoot me as Sir Michael says. It is one heck of an interesting rifle.

Baker rifle:
Whom is mvtc?
Who did the barrel for you and do you have his contact info.?
DOn

chuckpa said:
I bought a Baker from MVTC. and sent it to Ed ryle in WV and he put a new barrel on it. I reworked the lock and the stock. The rifle can out shoot me as Sir Michael says. It is one heck of an interesting rifle.

So . . . . MVTC makes a good trigger guard? :rotf:

Back