• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bag dump time.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Who made the horn and knife?
Unsure about the horn, I bought it online but have made a few modifications. I forged the knife myself. I made the pouch and shot bag/flask as well.
IMG_4539.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you accessorize with different bags on different days? JK LOL. emoji is not working, picture a laughing face with tears!

I use different ones for different guns,
This one looks like an old fishing creel. I use it fo my 10g doubble, lots of room for wads, a capper, a powder flask, a knife and several pre-measured shot loads.
6 point 09-30-2023.jpg

This one is an old hippi purse from the 60s, belonged to an old friend's ex-wife. Use this with my 12g, hojds all the above-mentioned stuff and the horn you see. 
those smooth bores sure take a lot of stuff to keep thrm shooting.
button buck 12-30-2023.jpg

Almost forgot, I often carry a small LED flashlight in them also, But it's a traditional LED. :^)

Last edited:
Sorry, guys- when I posted yesterday I had somehow missed that a “bag dump “ was about dumping out your bag. 🙄
My rifle balls and tools live in small bags so I can swap calibers easily. Likewise, I take a primer or capper depending on which gun I’m carrying.
In the smoothbore pouch, I carry a couple of flints, tow, patches, and roundballs. Birdshot and buckshot are carried in their own bags in my pocket. Both bags and the horn strap are my work. I scrimshawed the flat horn; my brother did the rifle horn as a thank-you for teaching him how to do it. The map is the Siege of Yorktown.
Jay

Attachments

• IMG_4356.jpeg
    IMG_4356.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4355.jpeg
    IMG_4355.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
This is my bag for round ball. I have another set up for shot. Everything except the straps are made by me. The bag holds patches, ball, short starter, and measure. The belt bag hold a combo tool, cows knee, extra flints, puller, etc. The belt also hold my fire kit.
IMG_9454.jpeg

I have two bags. One a small day bag, and one a bit larger for extended hunting day. I carry only the eseential necessary to shoot, clean and maintain the rifle in the field. Any other items I need go into a day pack.

Attachments

• Black Powder Stuff 3.jpg
    Black Powder Stuff 3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • black powder stuff 4.jpg
    black powder stuff 4.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Black Powder stuff.jpg
    Black Powder stuff.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Do you accessorize with different bags on different days? JK LOL. emoji is not working, picture a laughing face with tears!
Hey, mine for 36 years has been a '70's "desert sunset" bag laced together w/ "White man's leather" (bootstring thongs.")²
Took it apart and laced it back up Suede side out. Used ⁵belt that matched as strap extender... Wore it to a couple of 'vous... Never heard any negative ...
Still packed u Ip w/ all my .50 cal percussion supplies....

Hey, mine for 36 years has been a '70's "desert sunset" bag laced together w/ "White man's leather" (bootstring thongs.")²
Took it apart and laced it back up Suede side out. Used ⁵belt that matched as strap extender... Wore it to a couple of 'vous... Never heard any negative ...
Still packed u Ip w/ all my .50 cal percussion supplies....
Show a photo of it. !

Glad i wasn't the only one who didn't dump the first photo.
I only have one bag so use caps or primer horn as the gun requires. The plan is to use this cloth prototype as practice for a leather bag. a ball bag is on list of to get done thus the ziploc, tupperware with lube was borrowed from mom about 49 years ago, hard to replace that.
IMG_0157.JPG

Latest posts

Back