• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back issues muzzle blasts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently joined the NMLRA and I can't seem to access the older issues. It says to just click on one to open it, but I can't seem to get it to work. I did register with my member I'd to start. Any ideas? I'm sure it's user error. Thanks

Just tried it on my android phone and I couldn't get them to open per their instructions. I was able to see the really old ones as a PDF file.
Recently tried getting a campsite by using the online feature and it hasn't worked after multiple tries over many days.
Typical Tri-state gun club headaches. You can try calling them....good luck.

Most androids do not come with a pdf viewer installed by default.
You will have to find a "pdf viewer" on the "play" store to install and then try the link again.
Hope this helps!

I’ve had problems with the NMLRA website. Most recently, I couldn’t even log on. It seems they did an update that cancelled my password, and I had to log on to change it. Except I couldn’t log on because my password was cancelled. I called them and spoke with a lady who was able to sort things out, more or less. She was patient and helpful. Just make sure you have your membership card and member number handy if you call them.

I have had periodic problems with accessing back issues of Muzzle Blasts. The files are just too big, for one thing. It would work so much better if they would load one issue per file, instead of entire annual volumes. The issues from the fifties had the best stories, many of them illustrated with John Barsotti’s artwork, and issues from the sixties and seventies had the best articles and “how to” projects. The back issues are a terrific resource. Too bad they are so hard to access!

Notchy Bob

I’ve had problems with the NMLRA website. Most recently, I couldn’t even log on. It seems they did an update that cancelled my password, and I had to log on to change it. Except I couldn’t log on because my password was cancelled. I called them and spoke with a lady who was able to sort things out, more or less. She was patient and helpful. Just make sure you have your membership card and member number handy if you call them.

I have had periodic problems with accessing back issues of Muzzle Blasts. The files are just too big, for one thing. It would work so much better if they would load one issue per file, instead of entire annual volumes. The issues from the fifties had the best stories, many of them illustrated with John Barsotti’s artwork, and issues from the sixties and seventies had the best articles and “how to” projects. The back issues are a terrific resource. Too bad they are so hard to access!

Notchy Bob
Guess I'll make a call, see if they can get me fired up

Latest posts

Back