• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Awfully quiet over at Kiblers.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I've been tossing around the Idea of a trade gun instead of a "Fowler" per say. I mean what could a Fowler do that a trade gun could not? The Fowler would be a little lighter, right? The prices would probably be about the same I would think, no knowing what Kibler is gonna list at. Just speculation
The fowler has more refined looks, but function the same as trade guns.

You know, I've been tossing around the Idea of a trade gun instead of a "Fowler" per say. I mean what could a Fowler do that a trade gun could not? The Fowler would be a little lighter, right? The prices would probably be about the same I would think, no knowing what Kibler is gonna list at. Just speculation
A Fowler, especially what Jim will be putting out, will be a more finely finished gun. But yes, if you have a trade gun and a Fowler in the same gage/caliber they will both perform equally, but the cheek weld of some Fowlers might be better for wing shooting. Weight should be the same.

It’s a handsome piece. If I needed another smoothbore I would be on it. Great price and quality again.
The barrel profile looks very odd to me though. Reminds me of a telescope 😂
This is a very common barrel profile on trade guns, export grade fowling pieces or earlier period higher-end guns.

Yes, those on the list have been contacted and many orders have been placed already. We'll open orders up to everyone else very soon.

We're super excited to finally be able to offer this for sale. I can honestly say that I'm trilled with how it's turned out. It is very true to similar original pieces and has great lines and styling along with neat details such as relief tang carving and a thumb piece.

Thanks every for all the support! Stay tuned and we'll be sharing more information.

No pictures, it didn’t happen! :dunno:
6BF8EEE4-4DD5-4A2D-ACD7-29DB3800A55F.jpeg
7682F5C6-09DD-4694-B3AD-9B05E54F7C0F.jpeg

I just got his email with the pics posted above of his new fowler. It's pretty . . . as one would expect of Kibler.

I have a Chambers PA Fowler I built in LH that I like better, but I'm biased since I built it. The Kibler Fowler has a three-step barrel, which I don't like as much as my Chambers which has a longer octagon and one transition to round.

However, Kibler has great carving and fit and inletting of course. He will sell a lot of them.

A Fowler, especially what Jim will be putting out, will be a more finely finished gun. But yes, if you have a trade gun and a Fowler in the same gage/caliber they will both perform equally, but the cheek weld of some Fowlers might be better for wing shooting. Weight should be the same.
I'm hoping the stock geometry will work with a rear sight, and some one here will try it first...

my order is in. 20 gauge in cherry. not a fan of barrel either unless its just the pics. looks like there is no taper to round kind of flat edge., kinda looks like one of those japanese guns that had the two piece barrel [ round part screwed into octagon section] hope it looks better in person. still a very fine looking piece. :thumb: thanks Jim.
It’s a handsome piece. If I needed another smoothbore I would be on it. Great price and quality again.
The barrel profile looks very odd to me though. Reminds me of a telescope 😂

Last edited:
Back