• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Aunt Bessie arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing that bright barrel business. Seems that following a report in the late 1780's by some General or another that the barrel life of a Bess was being shortened considerable by constant rubbing with brick dust. It was decided to let them brown naturaly. Also along with browning barrels came green uniforms and black leather so that the guys shooting at us from behind trees had less of a target to aim at.!!!!!

Frost ,there's one for sale in the English channel for sale and already it's own country
used to be an out post or something during the II world war.

Rebel I browned my barrel I wish I would have faux finished it damascus now.
good luck with those turkeys.

Frost,
I don't know if it is for sale or not, but I know one is off the Atlantic coast of the Island of Dominica in the windward chain in the Carribean. It is uninhabited. It is not as lush green as the other islands around it. But, like whoever said it, declare war on the US and then surrender. It would be perfect, with the desolation this government would pour Billions into it. Haw! Haw!
God bless.
volatpluvia

Rebel,

I got a Bess from Middlesex Village and it came with bayonet, sling, flashguard, and ( what do you call it?) frizzen guard. I would ask them about those.

Don R

:rotf: Front site!!! :rotf:

pray tell us, good sir... how did you do 'adjusting the rear site?

Perspiring minds wanna know
:surrender:

Don, i didn't buy it from them, i got it from a fellow forum member here. I told him i didn't need the bayonet and sling and he graciously kept them and knocked some money off the price.

Corp. i didn't put the front sight on the thing, or if you prefer, bayonet lug, and it don't got no rear site thingy. :grin:

Latest posts

Back