• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

at Old Washington

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is my wife and I (left) and my atillery unit Captain Colvin and his wife (right) at the Civil War weekend, Old Washington, Ark. We are in the old cemetary--there are three Rev War veterans buried here that are so marked--and somewhere here is the unmarked grave of James Black the local legendary maker of Bowie Knives like the one in my belt...
OldWash06.jpg

P.S. the guy took 4 pics and chose this lousy one where my eyes are closed to send to me!

Mike,
Great pic! This may sound morbid, but I
just love pictures of old cemetaries and grave
markers.
snake-eyes

snake-eyes said:
Mike,
Great pic! This may sound morbid, but I
just love pictures of old cemetaries and grave
markers.
snake-eyes

Then you'd love this place. Nestled back in the woods on a low ridge outside of the old town, the cemetary dates from the 18teens or twenties probably (that's real early for an American cemetary west of the Miss. River--settlement did not begin in earnest here until after the War 1812). My son took a lot of pics here, but I didn't have my camera. A bunch of really old markers with all sorts of history...this was an important border town in the old days...Bowie frequented the place and Crockett passed through on his way to Texas...

Mike Roberts said:
This is my wife and I (left) and my atillery unit Captain Colvin and his wife (right) at the Civil War weekend, Old Washington, Ark. We are in the old cemetary--there are three Rev War veterans buried here that are so marked--and somewhere here is the unmarked grave of James Black the local legendary maker of Bowie Knives like the one in my belt...
OldWash06.jpg

P.S. the guy took 4 pics and chose this lousy one where my eyes are closed to send to me!

Great pic, Mike, but we hear you snoring :grin:
:hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back