• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ArmiSport 1861 Springfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so. I have the 1842 Musket Rifled and am very happy with it. Very well made

P

I have the 1847. Likewise I am happy with it. The trigger pull is more than I like but if it was all that bad it would have been reworked by now. The fit and finish, rifling, execution in general are nice. They were very accomodating in providing me the bore and groove dimensions prior to purchase. And, the provided dimensions were later found to be accurate, which one would suppose says something about the quality control currently being exercised in their manufacturing.

The Armisport M1861 is servicable, but it is not equal to the Euroarms version in authenticity. While the Armisport M1842 is a very authentic musket, the M1861 leaves a lot to be desired. The lockplate is way too thin, most of the internal lock parts are not interchangable with originals. Both are oversize in the breech area and weigh 1-2 lbs. more than original. The Euromarms M1861, while heavy, has a correct size lock plate that will take original parts (except the screws). IMO, the best repro M1861 (except for a custom made) is the Japanese (Miroku) made musket. These are out of production now, but come up used from time to time.

Used Armisport M1861 come up for sale frequently. They will serve, but for the price difference, I'd look for a better one.

My understanding is that Pedersoli buys semi-finished M1861s from Euroarms and then finishes them to their standards. Despite their name being stamped on it, they do not actually manufacture it. I've not seen one, so I can only go by what I've heard/read. They have a better overall finish and the stock is contoured a little more authentically. But it is still overweight. I believe they retail for a much higher price than a Euroarms.

A Miroku is the only one that has the weight and stock shape that closely mimics an original.

BTW, I have a JRA defarbed Euroarms M1861, a Miroku M1861 and Miroku M1863. If I hold a Miroku in one hand and the Euroarms in the other, the weight difference is dramatic.

i have one and its the most accurate musket i own.takes a while to figure out the sights.but mine is accurate.

The Armi-Sports can be made to shoot straight, but the gun itself is not as authentically styled as the Euroarms (niether are perfect copies). The bolster on the ArmiSport is not shaped quite right and few of parts will interchange with originals. At least the Euroarms will take an original lockplate and many of the internals.

Back