• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ardesa Trapper .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey guys
Can someone please help me with loads for this pistol. I live in the African bushveld and pistols are not big here. I bought a patriot(trapper) .50 yesterday and need some loads for it. I have a lyman trade rifle in .50 so i would like to use the same bullets. I have .490 rb's and 320gn REAL bullets. I can only get hold of FF powder and not FFF. Please can someone give me some loads to try. The "whompability" must be quite good, however im not keen to blow myself up, so safe maximum loads please.....

With my .50 GPP I use 30 grains for plinking and 50 grains for a back up when hunting. I feel sure these loads are not to heavy and are safe.
Old Charlie

I think you have a Traditions Trapper as the Patriot T/C
was not made in a .50. The Trapper is not IMO as strong
as the Lyman GP. I have found 40 Grs. to be on the out
side of loads for this gun. You need to start at 25 Grs.
and work up. The stock on the Trapper is soft watch for
cracks around the lock screw.
Never start at Max. loads. Most likly loads in the 35 Gr.
area will be near max. for this gun. Also note blow back
from your nipple as you incraese your chg.

Redwing :redthumb:

Back