• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Trapper Thimble

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m looking for a Traditions Trapper pistol thimble. I don’t have the one that was supposed to be there. I looked online but didn’t come up with anything. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction.
Jappo

take a look at the photo Deer Creek supplies of the item's I suggest,,
,take a look at the finished guns I suggested to determine if the application is the same.
(they are)
Deer Creek Products have been supplying the USA market with Spanish origin rifle and pistol parts for decades.
The only thing I would question is that they are both 45 cal guns and yours is a 50.
Call Deer Creek and ask them to measure inside diameter and find out what size ramrod will fit. I'm not a parts dealer, but I messed around with a gun once,,
You asked;
Can someone maybe point me in the right direction.
I tried,,

Should work or will work. This one has the rib. Rib has to be removed and thimble screwed in. Then the rib is replaced.

I believe the thimble Deer Creek lists for the Frontier rifle mounts in the manner you describe, as does the one for the Mountain Pistol. One is brass, the other steel. Good luck in your quest.

take a look at the photo Deer Creek supplies of the item's I suggest,,
,take a look at the finished guns I suggested to determine if the application is the same.
(they are)
Deer Creek Products have been supplying the USA market with Spanish origin rifle and pistol parts for decades.
The only thing I would question is that they are both 45 cal guns and yours is a 50.
Call Deer Creek and ask them to measure inside diameter and find out what size ramrod will fit. I'm not a parts dealer, but I messed around with a gun once,,
You asked;

I tried,,
Ok, I see them now. Earlier I visited the site and they didn’t have pictures. I’ll give em a holler.
Thanks

I found one I had in my parts bin. It’s large and it’s the kind that has two holes. I used epoxy on it. If it doesn’t stay I’ll get another one.

It’s large and it’s the kind that has two holes. I used epoxy on it.
Well that blows this question/speculation completely out of the water doesn't it?
Should work or will work. This one has the rib. Rib has to be removed and thimble screwed in. Then the rib is replaced.
Why didn't ya just ask "What can I glue in place instead of getting something that fit's? Instead of coming back to question a source?
My point is, if you were going to glue something in there,, why did ya bother asking where to find the part in the first place?
Why not just use a piece of copper pipe? You could buff it up on the wire wheel side of the bench grinder,,
If the glue don't work you could solder it on, just get some MAP gas an paste flux.

Last edited:
Well that blows this question/speculation completely out of the water doesn't it?

Why didn't ya just ask "What can I glue in place instead of getting something that fit's? Instead of coming back to question a source?
My point is, if you were going to glue something in there,, why did ya bother asking where to find the part in the first place?
Why not just use a piece of copper pipe? You could buff it up on the wire wheel side of the bench grinder,,
If the glue don't work you could solder it on, just get some MAP gas an paste flux.
I didn't know I had one. And I did think of maybe a brass tube. Drill and tap. I still would like to have an original though.

Well the PC-7 didn’t work. I let it sit overnight. Nearly 24 hours. Guess I’ll get the one with the screw.
Thanks guys

Thanks for the replies. A member here has some.
Thank you JB67. I’ll try to pass along your generosity. As the saying goes
“One good turn deserves another”

Traditions sells parts for their guns. You have to call them and talk to a real person. They don't sell parts on their website or by email.

Latest posts

Back