• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ardesa Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eli crowe

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with A 12 Guage Fowler made by Ardesa, the Spanish Company that makes the Traditions line?

The Fowler is on their website along with all the current Traditions BP guns but I have never seen one in the U.S. Could be it is just imported to Europe or elsewhere.

It seems to be pretty decent and maybe more along 19th century Fowler lines than a CVA Trapper or TC New Englander.

I have a Bobby Christian 20 Guage Flint Fowler but I would like to have a single Barrel 12 Guage like this Ardesa or something similar to it.

I ilke the looks of the Pedersoli Mortimer too but you may as well go custom for what they ask for those.

I would like comments from anyone that might have one of the Ardesa's or might know where to find one.

I have a picture on my pictures but I have never been able to figure out how to add pictures to a post.I could use some help their too if anyone can tell me.

Looks great to me.
Just what I'm looking for, a smooth bore that will not cost an arm and a leg.
Now if they made it in left hand it would be perfect.
Shoot safely.

Here is a link to an article about the fowler.

http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/guns/103116/Ardesa_Fowler_muzzleloading_shotgun_review.html

A few years back we discussed the import issue with the Ardessa guns over another model. I called them, and so did several others. Basically, if Tradition's doesn't want it here, it isn't coming here. If you want one, you have to buy it from someone over there and have it imported. So much for a cheap easy entry level fowler!

Didn't know they were making it again. I have one with three barrels a light weight shot gun. No heavy loads but have shot a few doves with it swings pretty good too.

As far as I know, they are not making it unless it is just for export to European or other markets.
The gun is still on their website but I have seen none for sale in the U.S.
I don't know why,I would think there would be a real market for a Single Barrel Fowler style shotgun at a reasonable price.I am not aware of any Single Barrel production shotgun currently being made maybe with the exception of the Pedersoli Mortimer which is priced more than I paid for my Bobby Christian Fowler.

Yeah, Thats a little pricy. I was hoping to find one used for hopefully a lot less than that.

After reading all the posts I imagined you folks were talking about a "fowler" as in 40"+ barreled fullstock, preferably flintlock. I finally saw the photo and NO, that ain't no FOWLER, that is nothing more than a mid-late nineteenth century single barrel shotgun. Nothing wrong with that, every farmer and farmer's son had one and they do work fine and for most purposes a double really offers very little advantage. That looks like a fine little shotgun, but it jist ain't right to call it no :grin: FOWLER. :grin:

Coyote Joe,

Ardesa calls it a Fowler, so thats what I called it. I own a 42" 20 Guage Fowler so I know what a real Fowler is. Fowler or not it looks like a decent single shot shotgun of which not too many are made anymore.These are apparently not sold in the U.S. now if they ever were. I have only received one post from a person that has one.

Back