• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone recognize this rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogfood

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,
I wound up with a couple of these since the stock geometry is perfect for me. However, I don't know what the name of the model is.
I know they were made by Investarms at least in the early-mid '90s and sometimes were sold as a Cabela's housebrand.

Single trigger
Synthetic buttpad
Brass trigger guard
No embellishments on the lock
28"bbl
Buckhorn rear sight
.50 and .54 caliber (maybe others)

If anyone remembers these and what name(s) they went by, I'd really appreciate it. Kinda hard to search for more, as im sure you can well imagine.
Thanks for your time.
Cheers,
dgfd PXL_20210417_143931898.jpgPXL_20210417_143927467._exported_0_1618671843981.jpgPXL_20210417_143947502._exported_1154_1618671816765.jpg

It’s a Lyman Trade rifle
Yeah, Well,,pretty much the same thing. But "Investarms" makes rifles for themselves to market and rifles with many different maker marks, Lyman is just one of the makers they produce for.
This one does not have a "Lyman" logo attached. That doesn't make it at all "different" than a "Lyman" rifle, but Lyman has no warranty or affiliation with this one. It's an Investarms.

Hi,
I wound up with a couple of these since the stock geometry is perfect for me. However, I don't know what the name of the model is.
I know they were made by Investarms at least in the early-mid '90s and sometimes were sold as a Cabela's housebrand.

Single trigger
Synthetic buttpad
Brass trigger guard
No embellishments on the lock
28"bbl
Buckhorn rear sight
.50 and .54 caliber (maybe others)

If anyone remembers these and what name(s) they went by, I'd really appreciate it. Kinda hard to search for more, as im sure you can well imagine.
Thanks for your time.
Cheers,
dgfdView attachment 73578View attachment 73579View attachment 73580
As necchi said, it's an Investarms.

The barrel and lock appear to be Investarms...same as the earlier Lyman Trade rifle... but the stock appears different. My TR clearly says "Lyman Trade Rifle" in addition to the Investarms stampings. My guess is it's Cabela's version of it, a typical half-stock Hawken replica.

The barrel and lock appear to be Investarms...same as the earlier Lyman Trade rifle... but the stock appears different. My TR clearly says "Lyman Trade Rifle" in addition to the Investarms stampings. My guess is it's Cabela's version of it, a typical half-stock Hawken replica.
Agreed on the barrel and lock but the stock and trigger guard has me stumped. Maybe a much older made for Cabella's version. :dunno:

It's definitely a Investarms. And the model isn't a one-off. I have two of them. One with a Cabela's marking on the barrel, rhe other without. Seems to me it must have been something in the Investarms product line nack around the early to mid 90s.
Was taking a long shot on anyone remembering that particular model's name, be it in general of for the Cabela's line in particular.
I remember back then being very taken woth the Cabela's Red River Rifle, but I don't think these I'm currently investigating are that.
Probably just time for me to send an email to Investarms :/
I appreciate everyone's input, so thanks to all, gents

Back