• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone heard of Sam Senkow?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Boylan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
And if you have do you know if his rifles are quality builds?

I'm very interested in a rifle made by him. I looked on Google and only found a picture of him with some other guys.

I would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Thank you in advance.

there's been a couple on GET BROKER for a long time, not selling for some reason.

Well, that might say something about the quality. I find it interesting that I can't find anything on Google about the guy or his guns. I guess I would think that if he were somewhat popular or recommended I'd be able to find something about him.

There is probably hundreds of us that have built one than more rifle that we no longer own.

I'm sure "someday" one of mine will make it to the 2nd hand, secondary market.

And if you google my name you will likewise "get nothing" (I know, I've tried) :rotf:

Having said that, don't discount this guy just because he is not known or popular.

His rifle might be every bit as well built and finished as one from say Bill Shipman.

The difference is guys WILL pay 3K+ for one of Bill's rifles because the "collective wisdom" says that's what it's worth - where Joe the builder is "nobody" and his rifle is estimated to be worth half the cost of the parts...

If you like the looks of the rifle, consider a "fair price" for a decent rifle "without any star power" and if what you think is fair is anywhere close to the asking price, start investigating the condition and components and dicker from there.

Well, I've been in contact with a guy who's got a rifle made by this builder and I've talked him into selling it for a very good price. I've asked him what condition the bore/barrel is in and how well does it spark. I'm waiting for a reply.

The rifle is very ornate, doesn't have a patchbox and looks pretty fancy. I just want to know if it's a shooter.

The better questions to ask should include who made and tuned the lock and triggers, who made the barrel and what is the condition of the bore.

There are a lot of builders out there that have only built a few rifles of quality. Many of them of them are not well known. Hopefully the seller will provide an inspection period so you can look the rifle and determine if this gun fits your expectations and needs.

According to the seller he's been in contact with Sam Sankow. I may ask him to provide me with the contact info for Mr. Sankow so I can talk to him about this rifle. Call him and go over the lock, barrel and other items.

cub45 said:
there's been a couple on GET BROKER for a long time, not selling for some reason.

The price and the aesthetics would be my guess.
I could buy a new gun for the price of the one I saw and it had forearm carvings ...a style I'm not particular to.

Latest posts

Back