• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antique Ordnance Publishers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberfish2

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Antique Ordnance Publishers. Has anyone bought cannon plans from this supplier? Been happy with them?
I've emailed them a couple times. They have responded, but are rather tight-lipped on information; no sample pix.
I'd like to build a Napoleon 12 pounder @ 1:8 scale, but I'd like to know what I get for about $40.00

I've use them and they are very good plans!
I got mine from Dixie Gun works.
I think they are worth the money.

SC45-70

The folks at AOP aren't really computer people.So don't expect much inter action with them. But they are good people none the less.

Order a set of plans...you wont be sorry!!! I have a stack of them.

DD said:
When you get them come back and tell us what you think.
These arrived today. They are exquisitely detailed and illustrated. Well worth the $34.00, inc shipping. They are printed in 11"X17 format; and weigh over two pounds. Now the work begins.

Humm..I posted a link to the pictures I uploaded to Google, but it looks like it was removed. Is that not allowed on this forum?
Anyway, it looks like my cannon will be more authentic than I thought. I'm building at 1/8 scale, but I used 1 1/4" dia. nickle silver round stock for the barrel. This was the biggest piece I had, but it should have been 1/8 larger diameter to be to scale. No problem, I just made the bore .44 caliber, instead of .578, so I can shoot it safely. HOWEVER, the additional weight from the missing 1/8" at the breech end changed the balance point, and if I put the trunions where they should be, the barrel would hang down in front. I just don't want my cannon to have a droopy barrel(umm, in spite of my advanced age :rotf: ).
So, I ordered a foot of naval bronze 1 1/2". Maybe I can peddle the other one on eBay. It sure came out purdy.

Back