• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another new/old rifle on the blog.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have another old/new rifle. This one by Larry Mrock. It has a 45" .62 swamped barrel. Siler lock. Appears to be handmade triggers. A neat gun, but not a match rifle.
www.bricestultzhisblog.blogspot.com You'll have to type it in. Google says www.muzzleloadingforum.com isn't secure. DSCF2328.JPG

Last edited:
We have another old/new rifle. This one by Larry Mrock. It has a 45" .62 swamped barrel. Siler lock. Appears to be handmade triggers. A neat gun, but not a match rifle.
Brice Stultz Blog

View attachment 186252

I don't know...,
..., don't the rules of the "match" determine first, what is and isn't a "match" rifle ??? 😊

LD

For me a match rifle is one where you can shoot maybe 30-40 rounds at paper in a day or 60 rounds at silhouettes in 2 days not a 10 shot woods walk.

A few yrs. ago I sold my last .62 deer rifle , due to old age. It was the 2nd , .62 I built for myself , and if you could really like a rifle as a hunting rifle , that was one of my all time favorites. Before my health degenerated to the point , I couldn't hunt deer on the ground , I made the longest shot on a deer in my entire hunting experience, ctg. rifle or M/l , with the before mentioned .62. Shooting from a rock for a rest , the deer was walking in an open field , coming off a deer drive. The distance was 200 yds. . The ball hit the deer in the neck , and it fell into a ditch , for an instant kill. I put the front open sight blade , just above the walking doe's nose, and I heard the ball hit the doe. Sadly , my old shoulder could no longer handle the 90 gr. FFG recoil , and a yr. or so later , my eyes couldn't see sights , and target. Solved my problem with a peep sight , and built a smaller cal. rifle , I can enjoy . .......oldwood

FWIW, any rifle with Larry's name on it is a worthwhile acquisition. I knew Larry when I lived in Maine although I haven't contacted him for 20 years. If you can get that rifle do it! PM me with the asking $$$

Have tried to contact poster but too much trouble, etc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back