• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Great Plains Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckywindage

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Seems like there is a fair share of lyman Great Plains Rifles on here.
Well here is another!
Thanks Mule Brain, You sold me a great shootin GPR Kit. Took my time putting it together. :thumbsup:

.54cal Flinter, 1:60 twist.

Picture136.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Will take her outside in the morning for better pics.

Kentuckywindage,
Looks like you did a nice job. I hope you enjoy the shooting. First flinter? Pardon me for asking if it is simply a new addition to your cabinet.
volatpluvia

Looks like you have some good Elk medicine now, nicely done, keep us posted on the load workup. you might not want to leave the gun in bed, wives are real narrow minded about that, if you don't believe me ask my three ex's

Looks great KY!

Look forward to them better pictures :grin:

I already had a .54 flinter, so you got that kit! I also have a .50 in percussion.

Well made smoke poles!

MB

"YIKES! You didnt learn yer lesson the first time???"

Guess not, I think I figured that if I kept trying I would find a wife that would tolerate my girlfriends but it just didn't work out that way, I probably should have moved to Utah :hmm:

Ok, here are those pics i said i'd get you all. Not sure how many coats of boiled linseed oil i have on it, but it will keep getting them each day until i either sell it or the rifle falls apart.
Picture145.jpg

Picture148.jpg

Picture149.jpg

Picture150.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Looks like a keeper, I really liked mine it was a good shooter, it was a caplock, That frock hits me with a real Dejavu, I sold one I didn't use anymore to someone on one of the ML forums, that looks like the same color,same style, I had dyed it with a mix of Ritz berries.

That turned out great! :thumbsup: Is that a Lemans stock? It kinda reminds me of on with the drop it has in it. I really like it!

No its the factory GPR stock. I just reshaped it. Wanted to go shoot it today but the wind just kicked up. I'll go mold round balls instead :shake:

tg said:
Guess not, I think I figured that if I kept trying I would find a wife that would tolerate my girlfriends but it just didn't work out that way, I probably should have moved to Utah :hmm:
tg,
On my third wife myself.First one,I had ladyfriends.Second one,she had men friends.Now
having been married to #3 for 24 years,we are
old and just have each other. I think it would be neat to be born old and get younger :rotf:
snake-eyes :wink:

Back