• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Afraid of ghost?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ghost hunters is a show on sci-fi that goes to sights and looks to record ghost. This last wek they went to fort Harrod in kentucky. The director stated that reinactors had seen some ghost and he was afraid that some would be uncomfortale putting on demos there. ????
Now one may or may not believe in ghost. A person who doesn't believe in ghost wont have a problem. Some one who does? Would the thought of a place being haunted make you think twice about going there?
I bet we wont see a lot of yes answers. I think ghost might be more afarid of us as we would mob them and blow them over with questions :haha:

tenngun said:
Would the thought of a place being haunted make you think twice about going there?
No, but the thought of being there with people who believe in ghosts would.

Spence

Gotta hop on that wagon! Looks to me like the most successful in tha game are the ones who treat them wtih respect aand try to keep an open mind!

I've heard lots of ghost stories about Gettysburg, including some from my own relatives, and it doesn't seem to stop anyone from going there. In all those stories, I don't recall a single one that included a ghost hurting anybody.

People who don't believe in ghosts aren't afraid of them.

People who do believe in ghosts aren't afraid of them.

It is only those who are unsure, who are afraid they might see a ghost and shake up their own personal belief system. That is a different kind of fear, more a fear of the unknown than a fear of ghosts.

I wasn't meaning there were or wernt ghost or commenting on 'ghost hunter' the thing that grabbed me was the park director commenting that some reinactors were affraid to put on a demo due to ghost. I just can't see that happening.
As to fie meaning fiction I recommend Arthur Clark 'tails from the white hart' a collection of cute short stories . Even though written toung in cheek some had a great deal of truth.
Anyway believer or not I just don't see a bunch of rifle mans shirt girded front stuffers avoiding a 'haint'

I took your meaning, tenngun, but you might be surprised at the percentage of our population who believes in ghosts, superstitions, magic and other such things. Avoiding an event because of haints? Probably not, but not beyond a possibility. Where do you think shows like Ghost Hunters get their audiences?

Spence

I saw this title and sang out, "I ain't afraid of no ghost!" Then the tune of Ghostbusters started to play. ...Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! :rotf:

Those who believe in the Good Book know that there are evil spirits wandering this earth and are not to be fooled with. I ain't afraid of them but neither will I play around with them. :youcrazy:

Ghost, haunts, evil spirits... no matter what name you give them, they are all nothing but the products of our imagination.

I wouldn't want to inadvertently "play around with" an evil spirit and get myself in trouble, how do you do that, what do I need to watch out for?

Spence

George said:
I took your meaning, tenngun, but you might be surprised at the percentage of our population who believes in ghosts, superstitions, magic and other such things. Avoiding an event because of haints? Probably not, but not beyond a possibility. Where do you think shows like Ghost Hunters get their audiences?

Spence

It's all a put on and most realize that. I watch shows like this and the Bigfoot and monster shows purely as entertainment. It does strike me as odd that anyone believes what's happening in these shows and doesn't realize that it's all a Hollywood put on though.

Methinks some here doth protest too much. :wink:

I heard something that sounded like footsteps in the attic of an old house I lived in for a while. It was squirrels that had moved into the attic and were jumping over the ceiling joists that were spaced at 2' intervals. You would hear padump, padump, padump across the ceiling, sounding a lot like footsteps. It would have been easy to convince some folks it was ghosts. I wasn't sure what it was until I went up there, found their nests and saw them running across the ceiling. Once I boarded up their entry way, no more ghosts.

I have watched Ghost Hunters some. On the old shows they were constantly debunking things, but then they either started believing in ghosts, or they decided it was better for their ratings if they didn't debunk quite as much.

Don't believe in them. My cousin's wife believes far beyond rationality. She "talks" to spirits regularly. She has occasionally made some odd historical finds claiming the spirits told her where.

colorado clyde said:
Ghost hunters is a show on sci-fi that

Sci-fi is short for science fiction
I'm always astonished how many people believe in fiction.

Just as an FYI...

They changed their name several years ago. Now they are the "SyFy" channel....so it COULD be real.

I do believe in ghosts, spirits, whatever. I'm not afraid of them. I've never heard of anybody ever being hurt by a ghost except in the movies. Maybe scairt but never hurt.

At best, "ghost" as an answer to some mysterious noise or vision is an argument from ignorance. It is trying to explain a mystery with another mystery, which explains nothing.

"I don't know what that noise was, therefore ghost" is like saying "I don't know what that noise was, therefore I know what it was!" It's nonsensical.

To those claiming ghosts, I simply ask obvious questions to find out more: Has anyone ever seen cow ghosts? Ant ghosts? If not, why not? Why only human ghosts? Any ghosts from this past decade? Considering the amount of people with mobile phones in their pockets nowadays, why aren't there literally hundreds of "ghost" pictures everyday being posted online?

Do ghosts exist.
I will answer a question with questions.
Where do ghosts go during the day?
How do ghosts not fall through the earth or float into space (as the Earth rotates and rotates the sun.)
How do ghosts make noise?
How long do ghosts live?
How do ghosts die?
Can a ghost touch another ghost?
What do ghosts do in there spare time?
How does a ghost retain personality and memory?

Back