• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Map horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulab

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Fort Detroit was besieged by Huron, Chippewa, Potawatomi, Ottawa, and a few other tribes from May 9 until Oct. 31 1763 during what is comonly called " Pontiacs war". Chief Pontiac wanted to drive the British out of the territory and formed alliances with the tribes to do that. I would suppose that a soldier might have some time on his hands during the 5 month siege to make a horn such as this. I would encourage any of you who are history buffs to google up "siege of fort Detroit" and the "battle of bloody run." Would you believe that some Great Lakes indians partook in ritual caniballism? It's true. I think that I would rather be in the fort carving on a new powder horn than be on the menu in an indian village! The map depicts the land and waterways between Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair and shows the location of the fort and surrounding indian encampments. DSC_0151.JPGDSC_0152.JPGDSC_0153.JPGDSC_0154.JPGDSC_0155.JPGDSC_0156.JPGDSC_0157.JPGDSC_0158.JPGDSC_0159.JPGDSC_0160.JPG

Very nice indeed! Been working on one from Ft. MacArthur, which guarded a ford on the Scioto River not far from here. That was War of 1812.
At the site of the fort there 16 graves, all of unidentified soldiers who died while there. Presumably from sickness, I've been told.
Someone mows the small plot where the tombstones are, and keeps the tombstones painted white. Local custom is to leave a coin on top of the marker, signifying that someone still cares.

Very nice indeed! Been working on one from Ft. MacArthur, which guarded a ford on the Scioto River not far from here. That was War of 1812.
At the site of the fort there 16 graves, all of unidentified soldiers who died while there. Presumably from sickness, I've been told.
Someone mows the small plot where the tombstones are, and keeps the tombstones painted white. Local custom is to leave a coin on top of the marker, signifying that someone still cares.
God bless all the "unknowns" who gave their lives for us!

Back